Thursday, October 22, 2009

Elton John's Letter to Himself


Remember that letter you wrote to yourself in high school? Well, if your English teacher actually managed to send them out some 10 years later, you were probably shocked and shamed by the ramblings that arrived in the mail.

A more interesting approach is being implemented for a new book called Dear Me: A Letter to My Sixteen-Year-Old Self. The collection of letters for the book includes an especially revealing entry from Elton John. The legendary music man says he regrets waiting to start his sex life and warned his younger self to skip the drugs and debauchery as "they're a waste of time" and to "have lots of safe sex."



In his letter Elton John reflected, "I made the mistake of not having sex until I was 23! I loved being with another man and felt relieved that I finally knew who I was. I made the mistake of falling in love too soon because I was naive and romantic."

"My advice to you is to never chase love. It will find you when you least expect it. Have fun, have lots of safe sex and enjoy your sexuality. Be proud of who you are."

“I made a lot of mistakes," he admitted. "Stay away from drugs, they’re a waste of time. Stand up for every human being’s rights. Be loving, kind and strong. Set an example. You’re going to have one hell of a life!”
The letter appears in Joseph Galliano’s new book Dear Me: A Letter to My Sixteen-Year-Old Self.

Buy & Sell Elton John Tickets through YourTicketMarket.com. One stop shop to catch your favouite event. Guaranteed, Fast and Secure!

No comments:

Post a Comment